Thursday, April 26, 2018

My TBR pile is too tall...a first world problem

There is nothing that give me greater joy than a stack of books in my TBR (To Be Read) pile, and there is nothing that fills me with more horror than a stack of book in my TBR pile...


I am lucky enough to work in a book shop, so am surrounded by books.  I am also SUPER lucky that I receive ARCs (Advanced Reading Copies), so I get to read the books before they are released, I know...poor me!

These are my piles:

1. Books that I need to read for upcoming podcast episodes.
2. Books that are due for release in the next few months.
3. Books that have already been released that I probably should have read by now.
5. Books I am currently reading.
4. Books that I have borrowed from the library, foolishly thinking I would have time to read.
5. PLUS let's not forget the 'virtual' pile of at least 8 books on my iPad thanks to Net Galley! (not pictured)


I know full well that having too many books to read is absolutely a first world problem and my question to the wide world, is not what to read next, but how do I manage my time so that I can get through even half of these??

In 2012 I read 366 books, 1 book a day...I am not sure how I did it...I am pretty sure I didn't watch TV for a year, I didn't have Netflix and I wasn't  addicted to playing Backgammon on my phone.

Turning my phone off, is one obvious solution. As is a month long holiday...but what about Apps?  Does anyone use any productivity Apps to help them 'get stuff done'?  Comments, thoughts and suggestions greatly apprectaited.











No comments:

Post a Comment